Friday, August 12, 2016

Market was fun

One of the highlights of my trip to Guatemala was visiting the market in the city. I thought it was really cool the way it worked and the things that people were selling. It was very different from the stores in the United States because instead of having one set price for the items, you could barter with the people selling until you could get a price that you wanted. I got a Lionel Messi jersey, a t-shirt that said guat's up, and a little Barcelona soccer ball. My dad was very good at finding a good price for everything. He got a Gallo t-shirt for himself and one for my uncle, and t-shirts that said guatever and guat's up for my cousins. There was much more for sale than shirts, there was also different cloths, bags, wallets, tops, flutes, and anything that had to do with soccer. And then we got ice cream at Pollo Campero, so that was one the most fun parts of the trip.

-Nate Ernst

No comments:

Post a Comment