Monday, July 23, 2012

My experience teaching. By beth

Today I started teaching at a school in Antigua Guatemala. I was paired up with Rachael and we watched as some of the children presented a lesson about obedience. They sang the national anthem which was 7 minutes long. Next they said there pledge of allegiance and we started the day. First me and Rachael went to a first grade classroom where we read a story and did a activity where the kids made a book with the sentences in the book the grouchy ladybug which was The book we read. After that I played liga which is a form of chinese jumprope. We taught the other girls who were playing ligas with us chinese jumprope. Also I played lleva with the little kids which is like tag. Next we went to a class of prepa. In the U.S.A that is the equivalent grade of kindergarden. There were really cute but super wild. We played Simon says which kinda failed but everyone loved the story. We did the same book, the same activity and hade a lot of fun. Finally me and Ben played with the little kids and chased them while playing lleva. Later that day I had a cool experience. I went on a social worker visit with my mom and a social worker. We rode a chicken bus ( a bus that is really full so it's liked we are paled in like chickens, there are no chickens on the bus) to get to the people's homes. We visited 5 houses but only got to talk to three families. It was a very fun experience and I am really excited to teach tomorrow!! Hasta luego!! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment