Wednesday, July 18, 2012

3 days to departure!

Just a few years ago I started with a dream. That dream was for students and their parents to learn about other people and other ways of life outside of the United states through a travel abroad experience. I wanted immersion students to use their Spanish to communicate with, interact with, and learn from other children and adults from another country and culture.

Nicole, Holly, Sarah, Chris: the Dream Team in Antigua, Guatemala in 2010

I didn't know then that I would be working with Common Hope to make this dream of mine come true in Antigua, Guatemala in 2012! The inaugural group is poised to take off Saturday, July 21, 2012. That's in only 3 days! This great group of 7 students (entering 7th grade in the fall) and their mothers will be joining me and Sarah on an adventure of a lifetime. I cannot wait to be back in Guatemala with all my friends that I have made there, as well as this terrific group of kids and moms, and of course, my great friend and co-leader, Sarah. Follow along as we post about our adventures in Antigua and beyond! Share with friends and family! Consider sponsoring a child, volunteering or learning more about Common Hope at their website: www.commonhope.org 


I hope that you enjoy living vicariously through our posts and pictures, and if it works out for your family, consider joining us on a future trip!


~Chris (a.k.a. Señorita Asuquo)

Chris and Sarah pose for the camera 
at Nueva Esperanza school, August 2010

1 comment: