Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Abby Post Day 4

Today was a really cool day. We first went to a school a block away from the school we went to yesterday. All of us were warned that today's school would be a lot more chaotic. So it was a surprise when we walked into a first grade class and all the kids were sitting quietly waiting for our first directions. It was so much fun! They loved all our games so much that's all they wanted to do. Six grade was fun as well but it was so different cause everybody in that clause was older than us from getting held back so long. Usually a class is 30-40 kids, but in that six grade class there was 16 kids. The kids there also trusted us a lot more than in the other school as well. When we got back two families went on a social work visit, two to a girls craft class, one to a reading group and the rest went into Antigua to shop. I went to the craft class which was really cool and fun. They were ages 12 + So the youngest one was my age and each week they let one of the girls teach a craft which was bracelets taught by the youngest. After the class we had two hours before we left for dinner so I was looking around for something to do. If I didn't mention this before I LOVE hanging out with little kids, so when I saw a bunch of them on a playground I asked if anyone wanted to play. It started out with 1 boy and ended up with a group of kids. While we were playing three older girls were watching us and so I asked them if they wanted to play. They said sure and we played 4 corners together. Then the little kids wanted to play hide and seek but the older girls wanted to play soccer so I gave them the ball to play. When it was time to leave the little kids left but the three older girls followed me. When I asked them if they wanted anything they asked me if I was from MN. I said yes and they started whispering. Then they saw my name tag and asked if my name was Abby and I said yes. The 2 girls asked the littler one what her last name was and she said scroder. I said my name is Abby Schroeder and I'm from Mn. Then I started to get a little freaked out on how they knew my name and they started giggling. Then the little one said " I'm Katerina your sponsored child" I was so much in shock as we hugged and talked cause we spent the whole day playing with her and there she is. Today was such an amazing day!!!!!!!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃😃⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

No comments:

Post a Comment